Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creating Client Website... 1st webpage mockup

Here's some detail of my 1st webpage mock up highlighting logo, navbar & background colour..


Naomi's verdict -

Navbar: really really loves the navbar.. thinks it captures the comapny really well... just told me when adding further buttons & people - try to get a good diversity of cultures in there if possible.  Also we both decided the term TEAM would be better than BIOS (biographies of company staff).

Logo: likes colours, themes - just reckons the characters look a little too close to golliwogs and that's not too good for a company that works with Indigenous people!  I told her it wasn't intentional - I was tryig to go for simplicity & that they were meant to be silhouettes... It's mainly due to my limitations as an illustrator to be able to create simplistic detail but I will definitely have another crack at it for sure!

Background colour - since mocking this up - I've been thinking how much the background would be better opting for a shade of blue... Naomi was keen on eathern tones like deep red soil, but I reckon I've managed to get that tone in there in alot of graphic stuff I came up with and that we really need a background that is goin to make that visual content stand out... Naomi completely agreed and all is going really well I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment