Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creating Client Website... 3rd draft of webpage

Ok .. the blog entries may be a little out of order..

You should have a view of my classmate feedback of my 2nd draft webpage design.  Overall they thought it was visually appealing and captured the spirit of my client's company well.  I did get some very useful feedback about the white content boxes feling a little to harsh and not blending into the design enough.

Below is my further update in light of that feedback..



I also like the hand now holding the whole webpage - kind of cheeky play on the navbar and also reinforces the home/ community made aspect which is at the heart of the company.

I've shown the design to Naomi and she's stoked with it.. reckons it has really come together!

I've created a few little Flash animations too that are tricky to show you here..

Well it's time now for me to start working from this base and creating the other webpages.

I'm so glad Naomi really likes what we have come up with together - I say together because it definitely feels like it has been a very collaborative process.. It's been up to me to actually make the visuals but what they consist of has been an ongoing organic process as we've bounced ideas off each other.  It's been an opportune way to work and I know not all clients will want to work with such regular spontaneous contact but that's suited Naomi.  Regardless, I have definitely learned that listening hard, reading for deeper meaning, being perceptive and identifying motifs that visually convey the emotions of the clients company and the work they do has been invaluable in coming up with a design the client is really happy with - I'm sure that would go for any client!

Well that's enoght for now.. I've got a heap of work to do so see you in a bit as I roll up the sleeves and churn it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment