Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creating Client Website..Part 2.. I slept on it.

Nothing like a good night's sleep to help give some order and clarity around a head full of new information! 

So with the questionnaire filled out and now having a good long face to face meeting with Naomi, I'm feeling like I'm starting to get a good grasp on the task at hand.. so I'll summarise it in brief and then paste in some of the text I've started working on for my proposal..

In brief:

The job:  basically create the entire corporate identity for an emerging CCD company from the ground up including logo and other visual motifs, diagrams & images for the website that may also be used in print and other promotions.  I have started to make a shortlist of required graphics.

Audience:  challenging in that webdesign needs to cater to 2 distinct audiences - 1. participants in projects who often come from disadvantaged backgrounds expecting to find evidence of a company that is fun creative, engaging & in-touch with grassroots and 2. potential project funders / partners who deal more in bureacratic / business environments and also looking to be reassured that the company is professional that understands their corporate world & needs and delivers on outcomes.

Company identity:  Two Thumbs up prides itself on being fun creative and having a big heart and producing high quality art, but with a dedicated emphasis on grassroots community empowerment delivering strongly upon community outcomes.  It equally values it partnerships with individual community participants as it does with its professional project partners & funders.  People, communication & connecting, creating something together, sharing, pride, identity, culture, spectacular creative outcomes, diverse individuals working shoulder to shoulder, pride in outcome, bonding, empowerment, hope & positivity...these are some of the words conjured up in reflection.

I'm gonna ring up Naomi this afternoon and tell her where I'm heading to make sure I'm on the right track.... it's all about good communication to make sure you're on the same page!

Company process:  it was clear when talking to Naomi the other day that Two Thumbs Up really values its artistic & its community development process and sees it as quite an advanced concept and a unique & valuable marketing point.  Naomi handed me the following document (pasted below) to explain this detailed process and assures me that funders & partners will find it fascinating.. 



I think it deserves a good colourful spruce up to keep with my emerging ideas for the website.

So I will call Naomi soon to share my reflections with her & get her feedback.. then I reckon I should get cracking on the proposal to give to her... and I can't wait to get cracking on some creating some of the visual stuff..

No comments:

Post a Comment